(Updated February 15, 2023)
The Shevchenko Scientific Society provides grants for publications that support Ukrainian and foreign authors whose scholarly work will help to develop and broaden scholarly achievements in the field of Ukrainian Studies. (literature, linguistics, history, political science, art, anthropology, etc.).
The Publishing Committee accepts applications for grants to support publication, in Ukrainian or English, of scholarly monographs, collections, dictionaries, bibliographies. The work must be already accepted for publication by an established academic press after peer review. The submitted work should be original research and should not have been published before. Reprinting of an existing work is not considered.
There are two deadlines for applications each year: March 1 and September 1. The Publications Committee will review and make award decisions within two months of the deadline, and decisions will then be approved by the Executive Committee. For applications submitted by March 1, the award decisions will be made by the end of April, and awards will be announced in May. For applications submitted by September 1, the award decisions will be made by the end of October, and awards will be announced in November.
SHEVCHENKO SCIENTIFIC SOCIETY PUBLICATIONS GRANTS
To be considered for a Publications Grant, please submit the following to the Publications Committee via email to Publications@shevchenko.org
In Subject line of email: Publications Grant Application — [Applicant’s Last Name]
- Applicant’s full name
- Position and place of work
- Field of specialization
- Postal address
- Manuscript Title
Additional required documents to be attached to email:
- Curriculum vitae with selected publications
- From the publisher: either a) a letter of intent stating that the manuscript has successfully passed an external review process and has been accepted for publication (with or without revisions), or b) a copy of the publication agreement with the publisher, making clear that the manuscript has already passed review and has been accepted.
- A peer review of the manuscript.
- Manuscript in pdf
- Budget proposal from the Publishing House.
All submissions should be emailed to Publications@shevchenko.org