- This event has passed.
Of Interest to our Members: Conference – The Independence War in Ukraine: Global Implications
September 17, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Date: September 17, 2022
Venue: Harvard Club
(35 West 44th Street, Manhattan, New York, New York, 10036)
For details and registration go to: https://kse.ua/ua/events/?eid=9357 (please be patient, link is slow to load)
- Two Nobel Laureates: Paul Krugman and Roger Myerson
- Two Ukrainian military officers, directly from the front lines in Kherson and Kharkiv areas
- Military surgeon, who operates daily
- Yermak-Rasmussen group on security (AndriyYermak, Anders Fogh Rasmussen)
- Yermak-McFaul group on sanctions (Dr Jeffrey Sonnenfeld, Nataliia Shapoval, Dr. Tymofiy Mylovanov)
- Top economists on Ukraine (Dr. Yuriy Gorodnichenko, Dr. Tymofiy Mylovanov, Nataliia Shapoval)
- Ukrainian investors and international businesses operating in Ukraine (Robert Gibbons, Patrick Estaruelas, Vadym Myroshnychenko, David Martinon)
- Government vice-prime ministers, ministers, and deputy ministers (Adriy Yermak, Yuliia Svyrydenko, Olha Stefanishina, German Galushchenko, Mykola Solskiy, Georgii Dubinskiy. Oleksandr Griban, Andrii Vitrenko, Marusyevich)
- Top world Ukrainian historians (Serhii Plokhiii, Yaroslav Hrytsak)
- Auction items: president ticket to the presidential victory dinner post-war, a fragment of Mryia, Maydukov illustration of the war, a complete collection of Ukrainian war stamps, a collection of memorable war coins by the National Bank of Ukraine (this list is non-exclusive and is constantly updated)
3pm – 5:30pm. Conference “The Independence War in Ukraine: Global Implications.”
6:30pm – 11pm. The charity dinner “The Independence War in Ukraine: the Present and Future of the Country.”The Russian war in Ukraine has turned into the Independence War for the Ukrainian people. This war is too ab
stract and too difficult to understand from afar. We offer a unique event that will bring together the greatest minds in the world and Ukrainians who have experienced the war, lead through it, and demonstrated bravery and resilience. We will aim convey the true intensity, political reality, and positive and negative emotions of the war on Ukraine. We will also discuss the global political and economic implications of the war and outline possible future scenarios.
The conference will have four panels: global security, economy, energy security, and food security. The speakers and the audience are top Ukrainian and international officials, academics, business people, and policymakers.
The charity dinner followed by a charity auction will celebrate the resilience and the spirit of the Ukrainian people. It will feature Ukrainians who will share their stories of overcoming the challenges of the war, resisting the Russian invasion, and maintaining and developing a democracy during a war.
For more information and registration go to: https://kse.ua/ua/events/?eid=9357
The conference and charity dinner are co-organized by the Kyiv School of Economics (the top Ukrainian university, economic think tank, and educational charity), Razom for Ukraine (the leading US-Ukrainian charity), and United24 (the fundraising platform initiated by the President of Ukraine). Since the beginning of the Russian invasion, these organizations have raised and deployed more than $200M in support of Ukraine. U.S. – Ukraine Business Council is an informational partner of the event.